AR5 speaker question

DavidR

The tweets say Teledyne on them so I'd say they're later, but I can't identify them. Probably another member can.

-Kent

the curious thing is the wires are present for the front wired OEM tweets, but they appear to be threaded between the baffle and back side of driver. While they are AR drivers my guess is they are not OEM and I would be dubious about the approach for this conversion. Actually quite easy to wire from the back side, this suggests whoever did this work took short cuts at least! Also the foams that were used do not appear to be the filled filet (BA) style which are generally accepted as the best foam to achieve the best compliance. Otherwise good looking set, if I didn't already have two sets I might have made the seller an offer as I am local.

Geoff

According to Wikipedia (and you know it's always accurate ;) )

In 1967, Acoustic Research was bought by Teledyne, Inc., and for the next 22 years it continued development and operations in Cambridge as Teledyne Acoustic Research. 

you do see the front wiring terminals on the baffle right. I am no expert but I doubt AR tucked those wires under the driver like that, just seems like a sketchy approach to me. Possibly they are correct replacement drivers however, again I am not an expert.

Roy?

Archived