KLH Model Six's w/ a Fisher 400

samberger0357

1 hour ago, GD70 said:

Hi Robert,

I think I had the 4 ohm taps connected, but now that you mention it, I'd have to check and try it again. That being said, the ADS 910's which are 4 ohm, sounded great with the Scott. The only complaint was @ 35 wpc, it ran out of steam pretty quickly with them.

Isn't that an LK-48 /  299B?  I have had both the LK-72 / 299D and the LK-48 /  299B in the stable in the past.

Unless those are 6GM5's in octal adapters, they look like 7189's or am I mistaken? Wouldn't be the first time. Other than the finals, the two look pretty much the same from the rear.

When you replaced the selenium rectifier with a silicon bridge what resistance did you end up adding to match up the expected voltage? 

As you may guess, I love working on paleolithic Scott gear.....

Regards,

Lou

26 minutes ago, LouB said:

Isn't that an LK-48 /  299B?  I have had both the LK-72 / 299D and the LK-48 /  299B in the stable in the past.

Unless those are 6GM5's in octal adapters, they look like 7189's or am I mistaken? Wouldn't be the first time. Other than the finals, the two look pretty much the same from the rear.

When you replaced the selenium rectifier with a silicon bridge what resistance did you end up adding to match up the expected voltage? 

As you may guess, I love working on paleolithic Scott gear.....

Regards,

Lou

I put in a The 33 ohm 5 watt resistor.

IMG_6552_zpse66fad97.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived