AR 4X resto

DKinYORKpa

While this is no huge accomplishment...LOL....I thought that I'd share. Including the purchase price, Stitch123 fabric,capacitors and original tweeter replacements, I'm in these speakers for $140.00. They sound good, so I'm happy. Up close, the cabinets don't look as good as the photo, though. There were many small veneer chips that I melted a perfectly matched wax into instead of tedious veneer repairs. There are also a lot of scratches. They had that barn-find look. I lightly sanded them with 400 paper and then wiped them down with medium walnut Danish oil. They definitely pass the 5 foot test.....LOL.

file_zpsegwxzokd.jpg

The one grille frame was broken in half, so I made 2 new ones, BTW.

20 hours ago, DKinYORKpa said:

While this is no huge accomplishment...LOL....I thought that I'd share. Including the purchase price, Stitch123 fabric,capacitors and original tweeter replacements, I'm in these speakers for $140.00. They sound good, so I'm happy. Up close, the cabinets don't look as good as the photo, though. There were many small veneer chips that I melted a perfectly matched wax into instead of tedious veneer repairs. There are also a lot of scratches. They had that barn-find look. I lightly sanded them with 400 paper and then wiped them down with medium walnut Danish oil. They definitely pass the 5 foot test.....LOL.

file_zpsegwxzokd.jpg

The one grille frame was broken in half, so I made 2 new ones, BTW.

Looks great. Saving them is what is all about. Enjoy.

Archived