Snell EIII rear tweeter

swaxton

Hi - this is my first post. One of the rear tweeters in my Snell EIII's stopped working. I read online that I needed a Vifa D19TD-05-08 and I found one on eBay and ordered it but I was sent the wrong one - not the one that was pictured. I received a Vifa D20TD-18-06 instead. Now, I'm very much a novice but the first thing I noticed is that the ohms are different. What I'd like to know is if this can be used in place of the one I ordered or was the one I ordered the wrong one to begin with. I should have taken out the tweeter to check the number but it's glued very firmly in place and I figured when I got the new tweeter, I'd somehow get it out. You can see that I'm not all that bright. I would greatly appreciate any help in identifying the proper tweeter and whether or not I can use the one I was mistakenly sent. Thanks ahead for any info!

Hi Carlspeak, the thing is, I'm not even sure if Vifa D19TD-05-08 is the correct replacement - would you or anyone know offhand? For all I know, the wrong one (D20TD-18-06) sent to me could be the right one. I may end up at Atomic HIFI but I'd like to see what I've got first. Again, thanks for any info.

Archived