Thoughts about these AR11's

lARrybody

These have been listed on the auction site for a couple week now. The price has been reduced by one hundred dollars now.

ar11_zps3tbzeiej.jpg

I actually have been to the sellers store and purchased a nice set of AR4x speakers from him. It was on my way back from my son's home in Chicago. 

I know the woofers are not correct, and maybe the tweeters and one of the mid ranges also. Are these worth trying to put back original? The grills can be fabricated or purchased from Vintage AR. What are the pros and cons of a project like this?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1312.R2.TR10.TRC4.A0.H0.Xar.TRS2&_nkw=ar+11+speakers&_sacat=14998

These have been back and forth on that site for a period of over one month.

I once even kindly emailed him and told him about his offering, he didn't sound moved in his reply.

Without sounding harsh, except for the cabinets, providing they're in good shape and the high and mid speakers also, these are crap and not worth the asking price or even showing and speaking of them here.

Now, let's get back to "ar_pro" and that chic I was talking about.

depends on how bad the woofer hole is butchered...the mids and tweets look original....if they're working, I'd say these speakers might be worth about $150 to me....

7 hours ago, michiganpat said:

depends on how bad the woofer hole is butchered...the mids and tweets look original....if they're working, I'd say these speakers might be worth about $150 to me....

I agree. larrybody has dealt with the seller before. If he can see them in person, not pay for shipping, and negotiate $150, could be a good project if the mids and tweets are good and he can get the correct 12" woofers at a fair price. Maybe the woofers that are in there could be sold. Just a thought...

-Kent

Archived