Finally found them after 10+ years, but feeling a bit depressed

KlausDK

2 hours ago, owlsplace said:

Glad you are on top of this, Klaus.

I presume without the Masonite ring the voice coil would be prone to damage and the overall range of the driver would be reduced.

Where did you source those rings?

Roger

Yes, the danger is, that the voice-coil is around 3 mm closer to the bottom-piece of the magnet.

I bought 10 pieces 30 by 30 cm of 3 mm thick masonite (that's the thickness masonite comes in here), and cut/saw the 4 rings. The 6 remaining pieces awaits that another possible vandalized woofer comes my way in the future.

BRgds Klaus

Btw, visited Lake Tahoe and Reno back in 1989, wonderful experience

9 hours ago, KlausDK said:

...Btw, visited Lake Tahoe and Reno back in 1989, wonderful experience

A bit different from sea level ... sailing would be about the only way I'd make it to Denmark these days ...

Very nice job, Klaus...just like new!

I have seen a few eBay listings where it was evident that the masonite rings had been removed during woofer re-foaming. I'm thinking that it's not common knowledge among do-it-yourselfers that they need to stay in place.

Lake Tahoe? I learned to ski at Kirkwood when I was in my 30's, and fell/slid halfway down the mountain! Squaw Valley and Heavenly are two of our favorite places, ever. You picked a great location to live, Roger.

20 hours ago, ar_pro said:

Very nice job, Klaus...just like new!

I have seen a few eBay listings where it was evident that the masonite rings had been removed during woofer re-foaming. I'm thinking that it's not common knowledge among do-it-yourselfers that they need to stay in place.

Lake Tahoe? I learned to ski at Kirkwood when I was in my 30's, and fell/slid halfway down the mountain! Squaw Valley and Heavenly are two of our favorite places, ever. You picked a great location to live, Roger.

Ditto ...

I quit skiing before I made it out West after my first sled ride and knee-brace :)

• 9 months later...

Archived