Hey Genny fans... Refiring up my A-320s

rocknbob58

"Greetings all, Does anyone know where or how I can get a few of the 8" woofers (4 ohm) replacements  for my wonderful aA-320s i bought back in 1984 in Druckers on Rt. 46 in No. Jersey.\

Kinda wish Genesis could supply me with spec sheets on the originals. I recall great balance and a WIDE soundstage!!    Peace out!

• 3 months later...

Same place i got mine back then....  On line sites have speaker foam for those speakers all over the place. Fairly easy to do.Since they are round google speaker lots of choices. i just replaced the capacitors, in a surround system great base from the front....  I still use mine.... Sometimes my sub unattaches from the hdmi cable connection. it takes a while to figure it out because the base from them fills the room.. My caps were ancient, easy to replace with poly caps. esr meter needed to match caps to original sizes.. Opened up the sound... Also i had blown tweeters that ebay had on line exact replacement that are fine....  They are heavy. and perfect for surround....  Check that tweeter easy to blow it... My 7.1 amp runs hot so I just use a computer cooler fan on top to keep amp cool. 4 ohms really heats up amp..Can research amps that can handle load.. Human speakers has the rights to genesis and makes replacements...   Enjoy..

Mark the speaker wires carefully both the wires and the speaker top bottom. because speaks have NO markings on then...  I etched my speakers with a tool...  Check on mid seal on air tight cabinet mine the putty dried out.. I hot glued the wires in place, and to seal.... Do not trust the speaker specs at human mine did not match any printed there... Polarity is important...  Its fun to get them cranking again.... They were meant for surround sound...  Enjoy......

Take lots of pics all those wires get confusing....  I grouped mine together and marked the hot or my guess of the hot.. If you recap you need a lot of room to remove and install caps.. Desolder tape is great.. Also that darn fiberglass itches... Bag it...  I did mine one step at a time and made sure to dry fit cap wires... Solder can stay in connections, and solder tape suckes it right out..  For easy reinstall of new caps...  Be ready for burnt body parts no room to work.... Hot glue caps in after you fit them, hardest part...  There is a detailed re do on web...  Have fun worth the effort....

Archived