Go ahead men, I'm the first bidder.........

frankmarsi

ATTENTION ON DECK!

OK guys here's the response from the seller.

"All the drivers are AR of the Teledyne era. The woofer is AR with the flattened sides #200083-0 561 USA, the tweets are 302/303, and the mids are AR 1210010-3A.
My understanding is the crossover is correct for AR drivers (not DynAudio) and the components were from Cello.
Hope this helps."

Well, there you go, not the full amount of detailed information I had hoped for.

Apparently their knowledge is somewhat limited about AR speakers, though of course I could be wrong, again.

Had they'd been more knowledgable, more info would've been given regarding about such things as the X-over without the autotransformer in place, etc.

I'm sorry, when I'm on the block and possibly ready to drop a large amount of cash, I need more details.

To JKent, are these actually closer in distance to you than they are to me?  However, if you were so inclined to purchase these, I'd ask many more questions before jumping on them.

Here's a reference: 

Personally, I'd rather have an old original LST, besides no sense in introducing a different looking cabinet because it won't match the extra pair of LST's I have sitting in a corner waiting for me to apply them to an alternate system I just haven't gotten to yet.

Some interesting reading from 2002. 

A good point made by CSP'er:

Guest SteveG

If you have the place to raise the sound level, go for the LST's. I first heard a pair in a store in the 1970's and was amazed. At higher volume there is no comparison between the LSTs and 3as. I bought a used pair of LSTs in 1976 but never fully appreciated them until getting an adcom 555. With plenty of power the LSTs do not sound loud, they just fill the space with more clean sound. Some of the acoustic science buffs will probably explain this, but it seens that our perception of "loud" has a lot to do with increased distortion. Without increased distortion higher volume is more sound, not loud. Hope you already have a pair of these, and if not good hunting.

Steve

From FM: Here's a similar point I made on this site several years ago, and I quote from post above: ""With plenty of power the LSTs do not sound loud, they just fill the space with more clean sound.""

10 hours ago, owlsplace said:

At least you have plenty of knitting time in between LP's ;)

ole' owlsplace, I realize living in Nevada typically doesn't require wearing sweaters and such but, I'm thinking what about those infrequent cool nites?

So, what is your size? I can whip up a cotton blend sweater that could be useful for you. I was thinking something with earth tones would be nice against your walnut cabinets. Perhaps something in muted tans and beiges to blend in with the flora and fauna to match your locale.

42 minutes ago, frankmarsi said:

ole' owlsplace, I realize living in Nevada typically doesn't require wearing sweaters and such but, I'm thinking what about those infrequent cool nites?

A cool 58 deg. F this morning ... earthtones are good -- anything in long size is fine for my 6+ foot frame works :rolleyes:

Archived