Dynaco A-10

twinpigs

Well this is a fun night. I have been lugging stereo equipment around for 40+ years and just last night just realized that I had a pair of Dynaco A-10! Don't remember where they came from but I always liked the cases. Tonight I hooked them up to my previously mothballed Hafler DH 200 and Hafler DH 101. Everything works as it should and it is kinda like a family reunion! Listening to Loggins and Messina which is great. I am retiring soon and plan to rekindle my stereo interest.

Great first post, twinpigs, but I always thought it was supposed to be three little pigs....? Welcome to the CSP forum. Not familiar with the Hafler components, but it's clear that decades ago you were collecting some nice pieces. I love the excellent tiny loudspeakers from this era, so please do post some pics of your A-10's and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help with bringing them back to maximum potential. 

Thank you ra.ra.....................I have twin sons who attended the University of Arkansas hence twinpigs. Actually their older brother did as well so sometimes I go by trippigs.

I had a little difficulty posting a photo but will try again. There is one nasty gash on the front edge of the cabinet. Might try to steam it to expand the fibers before wood filler and stain. Not sure I can tell if the crossovers need refurbishing...if so it would be a task to get inside the cabinets.

Razorbacks, eh? (Hmmm......Wolverine here.) Nice little back story. Once in a awhile I've had problems posting pics, but not normally. It is best to try to keep simple jpeg files under 100KB in file size, and you can just drag the icon to the paperclip shown in the lower left corner when you post. The threads below may hold some interest for you once you peek inside the cabinets.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/dynaco-a-10-thrift-find.114737/

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/dynaco-a10-cross-over.684626/

• 2 years later...

Archived