Stands for optimum sound from AR-3

canman

Just wondering what people are using for stands for these or do you set on floor?  I have my eye on reproduction AR stands but pretty pricey? Room has carpet and is about 22' deep by 28' across with 8 ft celings, no windows.

When last I owned the AR-3a, I used the S-1 steel stands that AR supplied for the AR-10pi/AR-11 series (photo attached); these were well-built, and looked pretty good with the 3a. Unfortunately, they had no provision for spiking, and were not as stable as they might otherwise have been.

This craftsman builds custom-sized stands from powder-coated, sand-filled steel, and spikes are included: http://www.aandmcustomsteelspeakerstands.com/#!

stands.jpg

I  have been using a set of original AR cross slot stands that came with the purchase of my AR3a's from the original owner. I have thought about building a set of these stands from these two post.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to give ar_pro's mention of A and M Custom Speaker Stands a bump because I've just received my 4th set.  I prefer a machined bare metal finish. Sure they'll rust in time but that could look cool too, and if not just re-grind.  Pictured are the standard 'Large' stands at 14" wide and 11-3/4" high at the front. Anthony at A&M has just beat stage 4 cancer too!

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

Archived