P/N 200033 Woofer

Guest dogmeninreno

Guest dogmeninreno

>>AR woofer P/N 200033. What series is it designed for??

>>Thanks, Dale

>

>It is the 10-inch woofer for the AR-92, AR-9LS (the smaller

>internal woofer), AR-30B, AR-29BX, AR-28BXi, and the AR

>subwoofer.

>

>

>--Tom Tyson

Thanks Tom, Dale

• 13 years later...

Hi Tom Dale

I have a restored AR12s which were made in the UK factory for one of the managers and they came with a LOT of paperwork - mint cabinets original stands etc. So worth looking after. Prob is the prev owner substituted a non-AR pair of ten inch woofers. The bass response isn't tight enough so I wantvto get back to replacing thesecwith an original paur of AR 10 INCH woifers. I have woofers pulled from an AR92 - would they match the AR12s?

I think the AR92s have an overall impedance of about 4 ohms while the AR12s are rated at 8 ohms. So badly need advice about that. And if that is a no go, any suggestions for a perfect substitute pr of 10 inch woofers for the AR12s.

I lovevthe sound ofvthe AR12s as they are but feel the bass is notcauthenticcand certainly letting them down.

As Tom mentioned in this thread almost fourteen years ago, it appears that the 033 10" woofer (for the AR-92, etc.) was intended for a different breed of speaker models. I am fairly certain that the woofer will dimensionally "fit" in your AR-12 cabinet, but I am doubtful that the performance will be satisfactory.....yet there's only one way to find out. -_-

I think the part number you should be seeking is the 200004 woofer, and these should not be too difficult to locate. These drivers were also used in the AR-5, later AR-2ax, AR-LST/2, and AR-14. Also attached are comparative specs for the 033 (DCR 3.3 ohms) and 004 (DCR 6.5 ohms) woofers, all located from the Drawings section of the Library under AR documents.

AR-12 woofer part no.jpg

AR-12 woofer spec.jpg

AR-92 woofer spec.jpg

Archived