KLH 5 Grill Cloth Source

audiomagnate

I've been searching for a while and can't find an on-line source for suitable replacement cloth for the KLH Model Five. The one owner pair I found sound wonderful but they were  "modernized" with black grill cloth in the 90's. I have a source for the black undercloth, it's the beige stuff I can't find. 

Might be.  I did not need to replace mine so I did not dig too deep.  Look through various threads on these KLH pages and there should be plenty of previous experiences to borrow from. I think I remember seeing photos with this used.  It looks like that's about as dark as the 18ct comes from Wichelt - at least at 123Stitch.  You get an Almond option if you move up to 28ct. Here is an easier way to see what they have:

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/fabric.pl?style=Linen&count=&color=&sort=count

Here are some pics of the Fives that may help. The 2nd one shows the similarity between the Advent "OLA" and the KLH Five but gives a good close-up of the cloth. I think the original may have been wool but IDK. It's best to use a natural fabric like linen, cotton or wool so that you can spritz it to "shrink to fit" after installation.

Some KLH speakers, like the Twelve and (I believe) the Six as shown in the link used bouclé cloth for the grille. I "think" the cloth used on the Five was unique to that model but KLH used many different fabrics and it is maddening to try to find a perfect match in some cases.

Kent

KLH Five.jpg

Advent KLH5.jpg

Archived