News? Are you watching The Masters

stupidhead

The greens are eating these guys up! Only four players under par. Love that course, always have. I lived in Augusta for about a year in the late 70's and this place is hallowed for sure.

Not sure if this is where a topic like this belongs, if even appropriate. I love CSP and enjoy the interaction with other like minded folks, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to banter about anything but speakers.

prosit

Hi Geoff, I'll be watching the final round today. Sure, the greens at Augusta are always mown like greased lightning and give the players fits, but this year the strong wind has everyone confused. Tee-to-green and the course is playing unfamiliar to many of them. I'll be pulling for the 58-year-old geezer, Langer, to give those young whippersnappers a lesson in course management!  :lol:

I'll bet there is a pair of old AR-2's in Butler Cabin donated by Gene Sarazen or Sam Snead!

Hi guys, yes Augusta is always challenging. Robert, I too was quietly hoping for Bernhard to make a run on Sunday but not to be.

I actually only was able to see the very end as I had a commitment my wife reminded me about yesterday morning.

Here is a nice clip of Jack driving down Magnolia, hope you like it.

https://www.facebook.com/jacknicklaus/videos/10153430897861366/?pnref=story

18 minutes ago, DavidDru said:

Well that was a classic implosion by Spieth.  If he had sunk that short birdie putt though on 16...... 

I was supposed to be there, but had to cancel.

Hard to recover from a quadruple bogie.

He lost it on his 3rd from the drop area, hitting it in the water again.  He was just killing himself off the tee for whatever reason.

The pin position on 16 is like a funnel, but yes, 3 in one day and the 3rd one after hitting Holmes ball that was 18" from the hole!

1 hour ago, stupidhead said:

Hard to recover from a quadruple bogie.

Especially immediately after bogeys on 10 and 11.

Hats off to Willett, though, for pulling off a perfect bogey-free low-round-of-the-day 67 on the final day. Was painful to watch Spieth's collapse, but equally impressive to watch his relative composure and candor in brief live interviews afterwards. 

Saturday's round end mini-collapse and yesterday's mid-round major collapse showed me he really is human despite the tough outer appearance. He's young and has many years of golf ahead of him and he needs to focus on that.

Archived