Replacing ferrofluid on dome upper mids of AR-90s

steelglam

Hello,

I was thinking of trying to see if the ferrofluid had dried out in the dome upper mids of my AR90s, and if so to replace it, in order to improve their performance.  But I have no clue how I would go about doing this, as there does not seem to be an easy way to access the cavity that would contain the fluid.  Anybody have any recommended procedures about how to open up the dome upper mids on these speakers so as to inspect and possibly replace the ferrofluid?  Thanks in advance for any insight.

On 3/30/2016 at 2:10 PM, steelglam said:

Hello,

I was thinking of trying to see if the ferrofluid had dried out in the dome upper mids of my AR90s, and if so to replace it, in order to improve their performance.  But I have no clue how I would go about doing this, as there does not seem to be an easy way to access the cavity that would contain the fluid.  Anybody have any recommended procedures about how to open up the dome upper mids on these speakers so as to inspect and possibly replace the ferrofluid?  Thanks in advance for any insight.

There is no simple way to gain access to the voice coil gap, or remove the voice coil for this purpose. It is doubtful this is an issue you need to be concerned with.

Roy

Archived