Sticky Fingers blasting through 3's. Anything better?

samberger0357

Got my Crown XLS1000 blasting tonight with the family out, and these speakers are showing what they're made of. I'm sure Mr. Villchur didn't plan on this type of stuff to be shoved through his baby's but man can they handle it. I'm not sure I've ever heard a more lifelike presentation of one of my favorite lp's. 

So what do you enjoy playing through your AR's when the family is not around?

I listen to every kind of music but I prefer classical , chamber music, baroque and jazz from '50, '60, '70. AR speakers needs power, but remember , an AR 3 is a 50 years old speaker, and early phenolic dome tweeters are very delicate . So don't exceed with power, if you need high SPL with rock or pop music  there are other speakers that makes a lot of noise. Take good care of your precious AR speakers. 

Of course you're right, and I should've used quotes around the word "blasting" because in my house it doesn't take much to "blast". Hardly a blip is registered on the Crown amp meters. It was more about the joy of listening to such a classic lp on a great pair of speakers. Slightly loud. 

Archived