Should I do this?

frankmarsi

On February 5, 2016 at 9:43 PM, JKent said:

Damn you Frank!

I'm going to have nightmares about that abomination!

I have a good friend in your area.

I p/u him first and then pick u up.

We're coming here and you'll have to adapt for 2 or 3 days until we figure this out...................

Yeah, I saw that this morning doing my usual browse and I said wow! Sadly, the cabs look pretty good, except for the chunk missing upper right.

Roy always says these are not intended to be entirely sealed....LOL

Hmmmm.......one of my favorite parts of this unique listing is the seller's need to provide an edit clarification stating that these are 4x's and not 4ax's (a model which does not exist - - of course, he meant 4xa's). But the very best descriptor is knowing that these specimens are indeed "Minty", just as the photos depict for all of us to confirm. 

The superb craftsmanship and delicate details on this pair of speakers suggest to me that perhaps this linked video was created by the same well-informed collector. Safety first when using power tools!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50u_R6s7T_U

I contacted him;

Why did you "create" a bass-port?

Did you not know that AR's have a closed (
acoustic suspension principle) system and this is now completely ruined?

I'm also not sure that the woofer in the left cabinet is original.

Definitely not worth $ 219.99

Kind regards, Norman

His reply:

I didn't do it. The previous owner did.

Don't hold your feelings back though. Feel free to speak your mind openly.

This guy's got a ton of nice gear for sale, so he should know what he's peddling. For whatever reason, I suspect he's simply trying to cash in on some real-or-imagined AR mystique and is simply blowing smoke to the ebay masses. Both woofers looked fully original and matched to me, except the one on the left has an additional outer gasket never found on the AR-4x. 

Archived