Advice on Component Furniture

Charles218

We started about a year ago to thin out our collection of approximately thirty pairs of speakers, our goal was to use the space they took up to create a listening room. We are finally down to a much more manageable eight sets of speakers, beginning with our beloved AR-3A's. After adding several new electrical outlets around the perimeter of this basement room, and a few led panel lights, we are ready to listen. We are seeking advice on where to find informative options and suggestions for shelving, racks, cabinets, etc. to install our electronics. Can someone steer us towards a resource that would be helpful in this regard?

Well, there are a few categories over at Audio Karma that are centered on listening spaces, room treatments, acoustic treatments etc. Plus a good google search or two would probably net some good images.

I have had great luck finding wonderful pieces that are from the same era as much of our gear.

PE only has rack mounts, at least that is all that I was able to find there. Music Direct has a quite a few possibilities, though they all seem to be quite pricey, I need to spend a little more time looking through their entire site. I was not aware of the "Listening Spaces" forum at AK, there are quite a few threads with suggestions along with photos of member's setups. I like that there is back and forth discussion there on the various options, hopefully I'll get the kind of information that I need there.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Archived