AR9 grillcloth

Guest dogmeninreno

Guest dogmeninreno

Anyone know of a source for replacement grillcloth for the AR9 series? I thought I saw someone auctioning on eBay a month or so ago? Thanks, Dale in Reno.....

Guest Brian_D

If you're looking for grille frames, they're few and far between.

If you just want fabric to replace existing (probably stained or ripped) fabric, there are lots of sources for black grille cloth.

One off the top of my head is Parts Express. Go to the Speaker building section and there are several to choose from. The web site is great too, www.partsexpress.com

In my (humble) opinion, grille cloth is grille cloth, and if you listen to your speakers with it in place, you probably won't notice a difference from one type to another. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest russwollman

Is this the same linen cloth AR used on the early series? If so, you may find something close in some fabric shops, though the weave may not be as open.

Now here's something odd I found. A lampshade I recently bought is covered with a cloth that appears to be nearly identical to the linen AR used for the 2-3-4-5-7 etc. series speakers. I;m sure the shade was made in China, so about how you'd get ahold of the cloth I have not a clue...

Archived