The Top-Ten, Most-Influential Speakers of the Last 50 Years

tysontom

Personally, the most influential speaker in my life by far has been the AR9.   Why?   First of all, I have owned them since August 1978.   I can't think of any other item that I have owned for that period time other than a few heirlooms that just sit on the shelf doing nothing.   Secondly, I have lugged these 130 lb beasts to six residences and moved them to various locations within these homes.   So just ask my back how influential these speakers have been.   Lastly, the look on my mother's face when my cousin and I brought these speakers into the house...priceless.   Her mouth fell open and she gave me a glare as if she was going to bury me in one of those boxes.   

On 29.1.2017 at 8:47 PM, AR surround said:

Her mouth fell open and she gave me a glare as if she was going to bury me in one of those boxes.   

Nice to hear that you are not AR7 fan...

Kimmo

4 hours ago, iso said:

Nice to hear that you are not AR7 fan...

Kimmo

I owned a pair of them at one time as well.   They were the rear speakers in my AR5 / AR7 quadraphonic system.   Upon getting the AR9's, the AR5's went to my cousin and the AR7's to a close friend.   I really liked those little AR7's.

I think Pro Ac Tablettes are very influential speaker: they started a generation of small, accurate  vented speakers ( LS3/5a were sealed ). In fact, most very small speakers today are vented designs.          Adriano

Archived