AR-2a crossover

teknofossil

Does anyone know what the actual confirmed value of the woofer inductor is? I have seen some scribbles on line but I question its accuracy.

1.2mh (AR #5). It is the same as the first version of the AR-2ax.

Roy

Since we were discussing AR replacement alternates on another topic (LST-2 tweeters) could I ask whether you have had to opportunity to use the HiVi tweeter as a replacement for the AR2a tweeter? Though I have never heard an original AR2a tweeter'd system I have read that its high end response was a little rolled off as compared to that of the AR2ax.

-Tom

PS: I have heard the AR2ax system as I once owned a set...... my mistake was lending them to my brother which after the foam rotted they were stored on his 3rd floor only to have his wife take to a junk shop because she was pissed at him. Also sacrificed to the junk shop was a pristine Marantz 4300 receiver and my dads old Espy AM-FM receiver from early 50's when he was bitten by the DIY HiFi bug.

Tom,

The HiVi tweeter works as well in the 2a as it does in any of the other early models. The crossover is the same as that of the AR-2ax.

The primary difference between the AR-2a and the first iteration of the AR-2ax is the midrange driver. Another difference is that only the series leg of the pot is used for the AR-2a midrange control.

Roy

Archived