Pictorial history of AR speaker components

redpackman

Somewhere on the world wide web, likely on this site, but I can't find it, I have run across a WONDERFUL pictoral history of AR speakers and the different design and speakers components they used in all their (particularly) earlier classic speakers. Now I can't find it. It was wonderful because they explained that the 3a and the 5 used the same midrange, but that the similar looking midrange in the 2ax series (for instance) was different from that of the 3a and 5 (If my memory serves me right) etc. It had pictures of the different woofers, mids and tweets in the early designs. It had it all!

To clarify, I am not simply looking for pictures of the speaker models 4, 4x 4ax, 2, 3, 3a etc. I am looking for pictures of the individual DRIVERS each model used.

Where is that link?

Thank you.

That is a good guide and I'd lost track of it too, having seen it before. But the one I am looking for had an even more extensive picture library of different AR drivers. Thank you for bringing this one to my attention though.

I'm pretty sure info on this site was posted sometime in the not-so-distant past, and if it is visual images you are after, this is a pretty good source which shows many examples and variations among a good many original AR drivers. Best of luck with the text translations, and if you are able to break the language code, do let us know.

http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blogId=fr50t&categoryNo=0&from=postList

post-112624-0-15313700-1399310949_thumb. post-112624-0-07374800-1399310961_thumb. post-112624-0-51582100-1399310970_thumb. post-112624-0-83704400-1399310979_thumb.

All you need to do is copy the text and pate it into Google Translate. It probably wont be perfect but good enough.

Update: I am (so far) unable to copy the text off the web page.

Update2: All I can tell you so far is that its Korean.

Any computer savvy people here who may know why I can't copy the text?

to dxho: thanks for the tip - - - that link brought the entire text into the English language (sort of), but it most definitely reminded me of that film with Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson - - - Lost in Translation. I only spent a few minutes noodling around, and although the words are mostly English, the meaning is far too often complete gibberish. Nonetheless, there are some nuggets of information to be mined here, but more often, some deep belly laughs. Two mild ones attached.

Just remember if ever in doubt, "Pick up the sunshine on the tight and dry."

post-112624-0-57686800-1399346307_thumb. post-112624-0-64524300-1399346327_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived