Creating drawings of AR-1 ( and other classic ARs) for the Library

teknofossil

If there is anyone with AR-1 disassembled for restoration please email me. I am gradually in the process of carefully (as I can) creating drawings of the classic AR systems which are not part of the group of drawings made available to the Classic Speaker pages by Ken Kantor.. Hopefully once complete they will be of use to anyone repairing or rebuilding these systems. I will add them to the CSP library once complete. Besides the AR-1 I am documenting my set of AR-5 and in the process of composing prints using a friends set of LST-2 systems as a model.

-T

This sounds like a very worthy and admirable task, and I'll be the first to thank you for your effort and enthusiasm. However, I have to ask: exactly what type of drawings or information are you looking to create? The many AR drawings in the library that I suspect were provided by KK are extremely useful and of great interest to me, but I would describe those generically as factory production drawings, often including performance specifications. Are you trying to produce something akin to these, or are you thinking more along the lines of schematic drawings? On this site, even I have produced some hand-drawn crossover schematics presented as jpeg files - - - what is your intent, and how are you thinking about creating and presenting this information?

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a very worthy and admirable task, and I'll be the first to thank you for your effort and enthusiasm. However, I have to ask: exactly what type of drawings or information are you looking to create? The many AR drawings in the library that I suspect were provided by KK are extremely useful and of great interest to me, but I would describe those generically as factory production drawings, often including performance specifications. Are you trying to produce something akin to these, or are you thinking more along the lines of schematic drawings? On this site, even I have produced some hand-drawn crossover schematics presented as jpeg files - - - what is your intent, and how are you thinking about creating and presenting this information?

I am creating drawings which will show the cabinet structure, crossover component placement within the cabinet, lists as available, of the original AR part number and service replacements. I also think that non AR replacements that have been discovered and proven to be adequate replacements would be a welcome addition as well. All work will be drafted on a PC and will be in a common format for ease of use.

-T

Could anyone provide me with the interior dimensions of the AR-1 mid-tweeter sub enclosure? Depth and possible the sub enclosure wall thickness. I am also looking for the cabinet interior details such as the cross brace(s) dimension and positioning and the cabinet joint construction (IE: butt joints, rabbit etc....)

Thanks!

-T

Archived