Snell J Help Please

ADVENTAGIOUS

I just picked up a pair of Snell J's................been waiting for 2 months now...was excited to get them singing. Now that they are.............the tweeters don't seem to be producing the the sound levels that I would have expected. In fact they are not noticeable until I put my ear close to them I don't know where these crossover but it seems to me that there should be a lot more participation on the tweeters. They are audible though. One thing I did when I wired them was to connect both the reds and the blacks together. Not knowing these speakers,I figured that they were designed for bi-amping so I just connected the binding posts together assuming this was correct. Actually, I don't even know if they are the correct tweeters or not.Since having the opportunity to buy a pair, I have been reading with enthusiasm about these iconic speakers. I know they must sound better than this. I have them running with a vintage Harman/Kardon 430 twin. There is plenty of power there and I know the receiver is respectable as I A/B'd the speakers with headphones. The headphones sound just fine. Any suggestions are appreciated..Thanks

Photo of tweeter attached.

post-103690-0-64987000-1389113923_thumb.

Archived