Cizek Ones just sold on the Bay for $549.00

Tubeboob

I regularly check the various sites for an opportunity to find more Cizek speakers, and luckily I saw that there was a pair of Ones on the Bay.

I did not bid as the price went a little too high, but the seller had the original boxes, and that alone was enough to pique my interest.

They sold for $549.00 with $80.00 added on for shipping.

Right now I am almost envious, but I have a mint pair of my own . . .

Cheers

I scored the speakers on Ebay. I was not looking to pay that much and put in a max bid of $550.00 as a good cushion figuring they would bid up into the 300-400's easy. I was only going to place a max bid of $400, but something told me these would go higher than that, so I put $550 not expecting they would actually go that high. But they did! I was surprised when the final bid went up to 539.00.

I must say they are beautiful speakers and in mint condition. I tried them out tonight and they sound beautiful. They are the same dementions as a Klipsch Hersey but about 3/4 as deep. They really put out the bass for only having a 10 inch woofer. I played them with some of my favorite jazz CD and they reproduce the instrument sounds beautifully. Amazing for only a two way speaker. They were a bit more challenged playing some rock CD's, but still sounded great.

The woofers use the same kind of thin foam rubber surrounds like a Cerwin Vega. That is why they put out so much bass. Those woofers are really moving on the lower notes as compared to my Hersey woofers. I can see that these are on the thin side due to age and will need a re-foam job. But thats to be expected with these type of surrounds due to their age, they just deteriorate over time. :( I don't like these type of surrounds for woofers but thats the way it is.

I pulled the woofers out and will get the surrounds re-done by Miller Sound so I don't have to worry about it later. The cones are in excellent shape. I was quite taken back at the crappy welding job on the woofer mounting brackets. :o I would have expected Cizek to do a better job than that. <_< It does not affect the sound but looks like shit. Good thing nobody can see them! :P

Overall, very happy with the speakers. Mint condition with original boxes. You do not find Cizek speakers very often in this condition. A bit pricey yes, but well worth it. The surround issue is to be expected do to age and is cheap to fix and they will be ready for many years of enjoyment. :)

• 6 months later...

I'm glad someone who appreciates them has acquired the Cizek Ones. Hope you enjoy yours for many years to come.

I was lucky enough to have found a pair for $5.00 at a garage sale, which I left behind until I got home and did an internet search, after which I went back and bought them. Thankfully, they were still there.

The cabinets are mint, and came to life with a bot of cleaning and oiling.

Woofers redone, and now just pristine sound.

Now I need a pair of KA-1s to add to my collection.

Cheers

Archived