AR Holographic Imaging M-4.5 Speakers

mred2

I "iinherited" a set of AR Holographic Imaging M-4.5 Speakers. I am a genunine "NOVICE" in other words I know nothing about them. I had listed them for sale on the sale page yesterday. Now I am looking real close at them and like what I see. The only thing I can find wrong is the little foam fillers on the side slots where the Sub-woofers are are missing. All speakers look fine, no dried out or cracking anywhere. The cloth covers are all good, A couple of scratches on the wood, not deep. Two of the little feet under the bottom are missing. My sterio had speakers that are just wires going to the subwoofer and speakers from the Amplifier. Are these M-4.5 speakers a good speaker? If so then I will take them off the sale page, and figure out what kind of connections I need. I notice two sets of connectors on each speaker, at top and bottom. Thank you for understanding a confused newby.

Welcome to CSP and I hope you enjoy those speakers!

I've never seen/heard them, but did you look at the brochure in the Library?

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/acoustic_research/holographic_series_1990/holographic_series_brochure/holographic_series_brochure.pdf

Kent

I have M5's, the 4.5's should be a nice speaker, too. it's not in the brochure Jkent linked to, it must've been a later addiion to the line (like the M.5, which is a ported 5" 2 way, meant for surround duty)

the 4.5 is configured like the M4, but with 2 8" woofers instead of 2 6.5" woofers of the M4. the 2 connections are if you want to bi-amp them. if you don't, there should be a way to connect the lower connections to the upper connections via speaker wire with banana plugs.

I'm running my M5's with a marantz 2230 I picked up for $85, and they sound marvelous.

Thanks for both responses. I do believe that since I had no answers to the "For Sale" forum, I will just keep and hook these up, after I polish the cabinets. By the way is there a way to delete a post? I tried to remove them from the "For Sale" forum?

Archived