AR 3A Tweeter Polarity -- Front Wire Configuration [For Dummies]

jarussel

I replaced the tweeters in a set of 3As I'm restoring, but there is no indication either on removed tweeter or on the front posts which side is meant to be positive. I have a 50 percent chance of being right, I guess. Anyone have any tips on which of the posts would be positive? Was there a standard wiring configuration for these? It looked like the wires were crossed on the old tweeter in the hookup to the front posts. Does it make a difference?

I replaced the tweeters in a set of 3As I'm restoring, but there is no indication either on removed tweeter or on the front posts which side is meant to be positive. I have a 50 percent chance of being right, I guess. Anyone have any tips on which of the posts would be positive? Was there a standard wiring configuration for these? It looked like the wires were crossed on the old tweeter in the hookup to the front posts. Does it make a difference?

The center posts are positive. The positive lead of the original tweeter is crossed under the tape from the left side to a center post.

Roy

Archived