AR7 crossover specs.

I recently was able to purchase a pair of like new AR7 xovers to use for a speaker building project.

Unfortunatly the did not come with any specs. The wires are marked LF-MB-MT-HF so the connections are not a problem. I just need to know the xover points for the different speakers. Any help I recieve would be appriciated.

Thanx STEVE

Steve F,

Thanx for your response. I however, made a mistake in my post.

The circut board on one of the xovers said AR7 on it so I assumed that was the model speaker it came from. Upon further review with the guy I bought them from they are really AR9 xovers I have. I was able to D/L a copy of the AR7 & AR9 manuals and it appears the 9 has the correct number of speakers 4, to match the speaker leads on my xovers.

The specs I have are as follows

LF-200Hz

MB-200Hz-1200Hz

MT-1200Hz-7KHz

HF-7KHz

The manual looks to be a lot older than my xovers so I was wondering if the specs had ever changed. The guy I bought the xovers from sent a link to AR's product page where it states the points are 100Hz and 3.2KHz. This does not seem like enough points for all those speaker connections. I think I am getting close but please help me solve this puzzle!!!!

Thanx STEVE

Well, this just goes to show you how totally "off the radar" the new ARs are for me. It never even occured to me that this might be in reference to the current speakers.

I'm strictly in a classic/New England mode of AR thinking. The fact that the current 'brain trust' at the company that's usurping the AR name is also shamelessly using the classic model numbers of the past is laughable.

I don't think I have anything of value to add to this thread.

Steve F.

Archived