Attaching new surrounds to AR woofer

slowpat

I'm planning the process to refurbish a pair of AR3a's and have ordered new foam surrounds for the woofers. However, looking from the back of the woofer basket, there are screens glued to the basket to prevent the old insulation from getting in under the cone. I have refoamed quite a few woofers, and I need to get my fingers under the edge of the cone so that I can press on the surround from the top and bottom during the gluing process. How have ya'all attached the new surrounds to the AR woofers? TIA...

Hello,

I assume you will just glue the surround to the cone first. You can then reach the edge of the cone from the outside of the surround from underneath it. There is sufficient room for your fingers, just don't lift the cone too high. When that is dry, glue the outer edge of the surround to the basket. Good luck!

Hello,

I assume you will just glue the surround to the cone first. You can then reach the edge of the cone from the outside of the surround from underneath it. There is sufficient room for your fingers, just don't lift the cone too high. When that is dry, glue the outer edge of the surround to the basket. Good luck!

yup, glue the cone to the surround, let it set up overnight, then glue to the basket the next day

Archived