Acoustic Research AR M3 Holographic Imaging ???

jgscott

17 hours ago, DesignInc said:

Hi all

I recently got a pair of the AR Holographic M3's, powered by an up-dated Dynaco ST70 running Sylvania 6CA7 tubes. I agree with volovo245ls the M3 is a wonderful speaker, super imagining soundstage. Now I'm also looking for the M6's but I'm not holding my breath. I listen to the M3' near field in the photo studio 6hrs a day, run Allison Ones in the living room, Dynaco A-25's in the dining room and have my high school vintage Allison Fours in the closet (which is sad).    btw: thanks for the .pdf - David in Cali 

This is interesting! 
My first time hearing of “Holographic” in a loudspeaker rather than “sonic holography”  built into preamps from Bob Carver, intended to expand the soundstage of any loudspeaker.

Those A1’s are fantastic! They were the focal point of my own system for 35 years.

Bill

I had never heard of them either, found them on CraigsList but they are very good. I bought my Allison Fours in 1973 for $375 but always wanted the A-One's and found them 15 years ago for $400 on CR and yes they are superb! (The Dynaco A-25's are in that picture because I was testing after a Re-Cap.)

AR Holographic M3_2434.jpg

AllisonOne's_2432.jpg

holographic_series_brochure.pdf

56 minutes ago, DesignInc said:

I had never heard of them either, found them on CraigsList but they are very good. I bought my Allison Fours in 1973 for $375 but always wanted the A-One's and found them 15 years ago for $400 on CR and yes they are superb! (The Dynaco A-25's are in that picture because I was testing after a Re-Cap.)

AR Holographic M3_2434.jpg

AllisonOne's_2432.jpg

holographic_series_brochure.pdf 1.52 MB · 1 download

The A1’s appear to be in outstanding condition! 
Most of the Allisons that come up for sale these days are sad to look at....beat up and such. 

• 2 years later...

I have a pair of m3's that I have had from brand new one of the finest speakers I've ever had! I would love to find another pair. In my shop I have them matched with a pair of bose 8.2 speakers and 2 subwolfers home maid on a Denon 960 amp every one who comes in and hears them wants to buy my m3's not selling lol   chumley59 

• 2 weeks later...