Advice please gents;

troppo

Hello, Troppo here;

Well, I'm done with the open heart surgery on my 2-ax's. I've re-done the poor solder joints and secured the new CAPs. Now, what have overlooked?

What should I double,triple check before I re-stuff those rascals? Carl, Kent, anybody ??

Thanks; Troppo

Test each of the speakers by hooking the speaker input on the rear up to an amplifier. Start with very low volume, don't push them. Be certain all of the drivers work. Be certain the pots work. Be certain no bass frequencies are getting to the tweeter or midrange. Once that is determined, push the volume modestly higher but no more. Do not push the speaker harder until the stuffing is installed and the woofer is sealed to the cabinet. Once the system is reassembled place the speakers about a foot or two apart on a couple of chairs or table. Play a mono source. Listen with your ears between the tweeters, then the midranges, and then the woofers woofers to be certain all drivers are correctly phased. If you have not made any wiring errors, left any cold solder joints, and the pots work, you're ready to enjoy listening to them. Good luck, let us know how they sound.

Archived