Time to live with our AR-10PI's

Tom H.

My son and I have recently resurrected a pair of AR-10PI speakers. We’ve been listening to then on and off for a couple of weeks. He has them set up in his bedroom.

We both cannot get over how good these speakers sound on every kind of music. These speakers have the smoothest most extended bass I have ever heard in any speaker. The male spoken voice has a very natural sound - like someone is standing in the room. There’s no exaggerated boom in the mid bass like there is in most speakers. When the program material calls for deep bass or punchy base it’s there.

These speakers sound very detailed and smooth even at low and moderate listening levels. Lesser speakers don‘t come to life unless you really turn the sound up. One night we were listening to a Holst Band piece (On a Telarc CD) and one passage had a quiet bass drum present that I never noticed before.

These speakers have great detail throughout the listening range and amazing sound stage and imaging.

In case you haven’t figured it out, we are enthralled with these speakers. AR really got it right with their speaker design.

$47 Price of original speakers bought at local pawn shop.

$25 Cost of re-foam kit.

$11 Cost of tweeter felt kit.

Time spent with my son refurbishing these speakers and teaching him appreciation for music and quality music reproduction - PRICELESS

My son recently moved them from on top of his dresser to the floor. He's on the hunt for some stands and a listening chair. We might at some time try to find someone to reproduce the factory metal stands for us. That's a future project though.

We both cannot get over how good these speakers sound on every kind of music. These speakers have the smoothest most extended bass I have ever heard in any speaker. The male spoken voice has a very natural sound - like someone is standing in the room. There’s no exaggerated boom in the mid bass like there is in most speakers. When the program material calls for deep bass or punchy base it’s there.

I was quite happy with my Ar-3a's and thought they were the best until I got a pair of 10-pi's - best speaker I have ever heard! I am suprised they do not get more recognition.

Archived