FS: Allison CD9, Klipsch, AR, JBL

Beetlebum

I have several pairs of vintage and collectable speakers for sale:

Klipsch Forte - $440, sound amazing, newly refinished

Allison CD9 - $300, innovative design, just replaced tweeter, wonderful sound stage, non-original woofers, but sound fine

- a few minor cosmetic issues, look pretty good but need some TLC. Plastic covers pretty gone as usually the case.

Polk Audio 10a - $140, great sounding classics, hard to beat at this price, Peerless tweeter

Acoustic Research AR4x, $140, collectable classic bookshelf speakers, still sound very good, nice wood, cosmetic issues consistent with age.

Acoustic Research AR2 - $120, very collectable single speaker previously used in mono system, a classic, cosmetic issues consistent with age.

JBL LX500 - $100, very nice sounding newer model

I would prefer local pickup in Raleigh, NC, but if the buyer wants them shipped, I'll work with them.

Pics here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/irissky2/Small?authkey=Gv1sRgCPbUi_yG9ZmhEQ&feat=directlink

I have several pairs of vintage and collectable speakers for sale:

Klipsch Forte - $440, sound amazing, newly refinished

Allison CD9 - $300, innovative design, just replaced tweeter, wonderful sound stage, non-original woofers, but sound fine

- a few minor cosmetic issues, look pretty good but need some TLC. Plastic covers pretty gone as usually the case.

Polk Audio 10a - $140, great sounding classics, hard to beat at this price, Peerless tweeter

Acoustic Research AR4x, $140, collectable classic bookshelf speakers, still sound very good, nice wood, cosmetic issues consistent with age.

Acoustic Research AR2 - $120, very collectable single speaker previously used in mono system, a classic, cosmetic issues consistent with age.

JBL LX500 - $100, very nice sounding newer model

I would prefer local pickup, but if the buyer wants them shipped, I'll work with them.

Pics here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/irissky2/Small?authkey=Gv1sRgCPbUi_yG9ZmhEQ&feat=directlink

Reads like an ebuy listing, not a concerned hifi members private listing.

Kinda rings like a yard sale.

Sorry

You don't know me, and don't have a clue about my interests or involvement in "hifi".

If you want to know more about the speakers, a polite inquiry will result in more comprehensive information gladly given.

If you're not interested in purchasing classic speakers of this type from me, then you are certainly free to ignore the listing.

The reason I have so many is that I've been trying out various local craigslist finds, and was given the older ARs by a family member knowing my interest in audio. I am moving up the to some KEF 107s, so these have to let these go to pay for them. Obviously I have too many speakers. I would like these to go to other enthusiasts.

Not that I need to explain this to you or anyone else.

Simple as that.

Reads like an ebuy listing, not a concerned hifi members private listing.

Kinda rings like a yard sale.

Sorry

Archived