who?

frankmarsi

My MS tweeters are on the 3a and 2ax pairs in my LR HT setup and on the 6s in my office and are on 24/7. Although I think their effect is probably being totally lost in my super-bright, super-reflective LR, the effect is significant in the office and fatigue in either space is non-existent. I probably wouldn't have bought SIX of them at their original price (just one pair for the 6s), but $20 for all in a yard sale box 20 years ago was money well spent.

Great buy.

Did you recap yours? Two new 1uF poly caps per unit makes a difference--the originals were those PVC caps with red ends that leak terribly.

I will be interested to see what effect they have with my AR3/3a speakers. I installed Roy's HiVi mod tweeters and am very happy having these modern tweets, but they supposedly lack the originals' dispersion. The MS array should correct that. We'll see....

Kent

post-101828-0-11024500-1303443206_thumb.

I recapped one pair, using some unobtainiam polycarbonate film caps I brought home from work at the time, but didn't notice any change in sound (the original caps in mine didn't look like what you describe, but were all black and dipped in epoxy). I have toyed with the idea of changing the caps to different values. I guesstimate that changing the two 1.0 caps to 1.5 should move the crossover points from 3.5kHz and 7kHz to 2.5kHz and 5kHz.

Archived