ScanSpeak P55

Hi

wow.. that was heavy. But why, they just a little bit bigger then my ScanDyna A45? Ok - now I know. 2-chamber-compound system, second woofer inside. So - four drivers to refoam. Interesting speakers, I guess I will like them. Still have only unwrapped one of them, wood veneer looks very nice, in a way dynaco-ish (same Tweeter as the ScanSpeak driven Dyna's)... but they are 44 pounds each! Heavy duty...

What do you think. any Info welcome, can't find anything about them.

Best, Helge

post-102914-0-60520000-1300819521_thumb.

post-102914-0-92119100-1300819531_thumb.

post-102914-0-78679500-1300819538_thumb.

post-102914-0-15270100-1300819549_thumb.

post-102914-0-40210400-1300819558_thumb.

post-102914-0-79857400-1300822652_thumb.

Hi

wow.. that was heavy. But why, they are even a bit smaller then my ScanDyna A45? Ok - now I know. 2-chamber-compound system, second woofer inside. So - four drivers to refoam. Interesting speakers, I guess I will like them. Still have only unwrapped one of them, wood veneer looks very nice, in a way dynyco-ish (same Tweeter as the ScanSpeak driven Dyna's)... but they are 44 pounds each! Heavy duty...

Best, Helge

Hi Helge

Other than the tweeter being a Scan-dyna, which I have never removed or installed, I don't recognize the other drivers.

A few photos that I have seen in the past show a ring that you remove from the tweeter first.

May I please have a HD scan of the Dynaco Dynamax sheet.

Thank you.

ScanSpeak Tweeter... ScanDyna didn't produce, just trade. all driver are scanSpeak. I'll make photographs when getting into them for refoaming...

Dynamax is On the way to your Email-Address!

Hi Helge

Other than the tweeter being a Scan-dyna, which I have never removed or installed, I don't recognize the other drivers.

A few photos that I have seen in the past show a ring that you remove from the tweeter first.

May I please have a HD scan of the Dynaco Dynamax sheet.

Thank you.

ScanSpeak Tweeter... ScanDyna didn't produce, just trade. all driver are scanSpeak. I'll make photographs when getting into them for refoaming...

Dynamax is On the way to your Email-Address!

Hi again Helge

Thank you very much.

I stand corrected regarding the brand name.

Later on.

Thank you very much for the HD scan copy, it looks great, Helge.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

wow.. that was heavy. But why, they just a little bit bigger then my ScanDyna A45? Ok - now I know. 2-chamber-compound system, second woofer inside. So - four drivers to refoam. Interesting speakers, I guess I will like them. Still have only unwrapped one of them, wood veneer looks very nice, in a way dynaco-ish (same Tweeter as the ScanSpeak driven Dyna's)... but they are 44 pounds each! Heavy duty...

Best, Helge

Hi there

I also see a Dynaco 400, Stereo 70, SCA-35, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Great job with the shimming.

You used plastic strips I see, neat and clean, here, some repairers use business card stock.

Maybe you should call yourself dynaco_phil. LOL

My guess is you are not married.

That setup would get you a sure fire divorce here. LOL

Great HD photos, thank you.

I have no freq generator :) i have to go this way. The room in the magnet is very small, only stuff i found fitting was those thin maps for paperworks.

there's a SCA35 with a FM3 sitting on the shelf with a little different champaign looking fronts, I got also a PAS3x and another FM3 in alloy silver :)

the ST70 is a VTA-mod driving my fronts. there are 4 others waiting to get done. Aside of 2 st35.

Hi there

I also see a Dynaco 400, Stereo 70, SCA-35, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Great job with the shimming.

• 2 weeks later...

and the beat goes on...

set to solder wiring

hh20027m.jpg

placed

hh20028m.jpg

and fixed...

hh20029m.jpg

result: :sigh: no tweeter ... wtf ... ok - cold solderjoint fell off the tweeter pot :)

now I will have to mirror-solder...

w250002.jpg

w250001.jpg

really no hitec, but pretty ok Visaton W250... the fit exactly into the routed hole.

w250003.jpg

looks pretty ok... but it is a Frankenspeaker now....:tears:

Archived