Consider reopening the Kitchen

Carlspeak

In light of the fact that the two most contentious posters are no longer active here - one has left and had all his posts deleted and the other has passed away, I think consideration should be given to re-opening the kitchen. It was a viable place to discuss topics not relavent to the currently active topics.

The remaining posters who where active in the kitchen made considerable contributions and should be allowed to continue to do so in that forum.

In light of the fact that the two most contentious posters are no longer active here - one has left and had all his posts deleted and the other has passed away, I think consideration should be given to re-opening the kitchen. It was a viable place to discuss topics not relavent to the currently active topics.

The remaining posters who where active in the kitchen made considerable contributions and should be allowed to continue to do so in that forum.

An interesting and worthy suggestion by Carl. Those of us who are likely to post in the Kitchen are pretty civil, most of the time, and I agree that there are a lot of theoretical subjects to discuss that don't necessarily fall into a "What re-foam kit is best" or "What year did the 2x's crossover change" category.

Steve F.

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the occasional nastiness, I always enjoyed reading the Kitchen.

May I ask who passed away?

Zilch. check further back in this 'news' forum.....

BTW, thanks for the support. The more who step forward in favor of my proposal, the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carl,

I would be happy to see the Kitchen reopened. Frankly, I have spent most of my time elsewhere since it was closed. That Howard left in a huff and Zilch, sadly, died shouldn't be a factor. The controversy was interesting and many ideas were aired. So what if things got hot from time to time? Normal policing can take care of this.

I tried to poke the hornets nest here (Steve was as well) but the thread fizzled.

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?showtopic=6144

David

Archived