ads sw150

tagline

Hello. You fellas have a greenie on your hands. here is my problem... I have a Sony STR DG820 and all works well except for the subwoofer. it was given to me and I'm pretty sure it does work except for a lack of wiring knowledge. The speaker is an a/d/s SW150 120vac 50/60 hz 160watts unit. On the rear of the speaker working left to right there are 8 high level connections (4) are L&R +&- output and 4 are L&R +&- input.To their right is a 3 pos. power mode switch on,autoand off. A high pass slope 2 pos switch @18db & 6db followed by a power sentry indicator. Now below these last 3 items lie left to right a 2 pos. subwoofer phase switch marked + and _ to it's right is a subwoofer level dial switch low to high. Finally at the far right of the speaker are 4 low level rca jacks 2are high pass output L&R and 2 are low level input L&R.. OK on the back of my amp is a solitary rca subwoofer output jack, and I' at a total loss as to how to wire this thing.. Any help out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. You fellas have a greenie on your hands. here is my problem... I have a Sony STR DG820 and all works well except for the subwoofer. it was given to me and I'm pretty sure it does work except for a lack of wiring knowledge. The speaker is an a/d/s SW150 120vac 50/60 hz 160watts unit. On the rear of the speaker working left to right there are 8 high level connections (4) are L&R +&- output and 4 are L&R +&- input.To their right is a 3 pos. power mode switch on,autoand off. A high pass slope 2 pos switch @18db & 6db followed by a power sentry indicator. Now below these last 3 items lie left to right a 2 pos. subwoofer phase switch marked + and _ to it's right is a subwoofer level dial switch low to high. Finally at the far right of the speaker are 4 low level rca jacks 2are high pass output L&R and 2 are low level input L&R.. OK on the back of my amp is a solitary rca subwoofer output jack, and I' at a total loss as to how to wire this thing.. Any help out there?

Can you take a picture of the back of the subwoofer with its connections? Your description is a bit confusing, but I think we can easily help you once we see what you have.

--Tom tyson

Can you take a picture of the back of the subwoofer with its connections? Your description is a bit confusing, but I think we can easily help you once we see what you have.

--Tom tyson

Ok Tom, within the next day or so I'll get some help with that. or I can draw the panel and to fax it that would really simplify things on this end. Sorry but I'm challenged at many things. Thanks Ed Hill

too bad you don't have a manual, and I don't see one online. Bummer. OK--here's what it looks like to me: Ignore the high level in & out. The way you use those is, if you do not have a sub out on your amp, you run the speaker wires from the amp to the sub, then from the sub to the L and R speakers.

But you do have a sub out. Your subwoofer however accepts a stereo input. On some subs you can just run your single sub out to the right low level input. I don't know if that would work with the a/d/s. You can probably use a y-connector: one male RCA to 2 female RCA, then run a regular pair of RCA cables to the sub's low level input. Don't use the hi pass out RCA jacks--they would be for daisy-chaining amps (Using a 2-channel stereo preamp, the signal would go 1st to your powered sub, then the high frequencies would go on through to a separate power amp, for you L & R speakers).

You adjust the volume of the sub with the "subwoofer level" rotary dial.

Try the phase switch in both positions to determine which sounds better.

Hope this is clear, accurate, helpful.

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

too bad you don't have a manual, and I don't see one online. Bummer. OK--here's what it looks like to me: Ignore the high level in & out. The way you use those is, if you do not have a sub out on your amp, you run the speaker wires from the amp to the sub, then from the sub to the L and R speakers.

But you do have a sub out. Your subwoofer however accepts a stereo input. On some subs you can just run your single sub out to the right low level input. I don't know if that would work with the a/d/s. You can probably use a y-connector: one male RCA to 2 female RCA, then run a regular pair of RCA cables to the sub's low level input. Don't use the hi pass out RCA jacks--they would be for daisy-chaining amps (Using a 2-channel stereo preamp, the signal would go 1st to your powered sub, then the high frequencies would go on through to a separate power amp, for you L & R speakers).

You adjust the volume of the sub with the "subwoofer level" rotary dial.

Try the phase switch in both positions to determine which sounds better.

Hope this is clear, accurate, helpful.

Kent

Thanks Kent, to determine if works the wife and mother-in-law will have to be gone for a few hours. Eddie

LOL :lol:

Take a look at this page. On the bottom is an owner's manual for a subwoofer amp that is, I think, similar to yours:

http://www.apexjr.com/Apexsenior.htm

This is the amp I installed in my VMPS sub.

Kent

Archived