AR 2ax Woofer sizes?

GWC

Hi

I have a pair of AR-2ax. Cab have serial # 170589. Good tweeters (thank heaven), tweeters are front wired, mids and woofers had been replaced by others. I found suitable mids, and installed. Woofers, I was told, came from AR 2ax and are dated 1968. Woofers are too big for cabs. Cabs have 10.25" openings with 4 screw holes @ 9.75" on center. Woofers measure 11" dia, with 6 screw holes 10.5" on center.

Do I have 2ax woofers at all? Did the woofers change with time? Note that the woofers have cloth surrounds, so I thinking that they are earlier. Cab serial # indicates later production? but they have the front wired tweeters.

I am confused. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

Glen

Hi

I have a pair of AR-2ax. Cab have serial # 170589. Good tweeters (thank heaven), tweeters are front wired, mids and woofers had been replaced by others. I found suitable mids, and installed. Woofers, I was told, came from AR 2ax and are dated 1968. Woofers are too big for cabs. Cabs have 10.25" openings with 4 screw holes @ 9.75" on center. Woofers measure 11" dia, with 6 screw holes 10.5" on center.

Do I have 2ax woofers at all? Did the woofers change with time? Note that the woofers have cloth surrounds, so I thinking that they are earlier. Cab serial # indicates later production? but they have the front wired tweeters.

I am confused. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

Glen

Glen,

Earlier AR-2ax's used your larger cloth surround woofers. The first foam surround 2ax woofers also had a larger frame, which fit the earlier cabinet.

The majority of AR-2ax's were manufactured with the smaller version, original to your cabinets.

I have some smaller 2ax woofers. Send me a PM if I can be of assistance.

Roy

Archived