My thoughts on the 900s.

SteveO

Again, while stationed in Germany (in the army), you were either doing anything else, OR you were purchasing/collecting stereo equp, to bring back to the states when

you left the service.

A couple of my buds had bose 900 (series 1, I'm sure)...(it was 1974-75).........Anyway, my thoughts on them, (and again they were NOT placed in their ideal listening positions), (i.e. hard wall/brick/whatever behind them), so that probably was the biggest downfall, but I truly was NOT impressed with their sound. Too middle rangey (word?), and just sounded flat. (IMHO).

Now these guys both had HUGE receivers powering them, with graphic equalizers, (besides the bose equalizer that came with them), but again, I was just not impressed. (probably the biggest reason I did not purchase a pair myself).

I did however own a pair of bose 501s while over there. (sold them to purchase the Kenwood 777s (which I also sold before I left, to purchase some fairfaxs).

In more recent years, I own a couple of pair of 401s, 201s, and recently sold a pair of 701s. (the 701s were TOO bassy for me). Do like bose products tho!

Archived