Need one knob for '3a pot

Let me see if I can help you out here, a few years ago I was looking for the same thing to restore one set of AR-5's. I did alot of researching and found the AR tweeter and midrange style knobs at Mouser Electronics. This was a few years ago (around 1999 I think) and I ordered a few from them for spare parts. I have since lost them in buried in all my parts! But I just looked up the part number in a Mouser year 2000 catalogue. Here is the info:

Davies Molding Knobs - Control - Mouser stock number: 5164-1400

Cost in the year 2000 catalog is just .51 cents each!!! In their 1999 catalog they were just .48 cents each!!! So they only cost pennies!

Good Luck, I am pretty sure they will still have them in stock.

When I got mine they were exactly the same as the old vintage AR Inc. level control knobs.

Mousers order phone# is 1-800-346-6873 or I guess you can go to their website at www.mouser.com

Hope this helps y'all AR fans! :-)

Bill Yee.

Thanks Bill - I ordered a few just now. Gotta get 'em before you buy all AR3a-related items for sale anywhere (how's a guy supposed to snag some cheap mids on eBay with you around :D? ).

--Daniel

Don't worry, I am just about done splurging collecting spare parts for my vintage AR collection! This stuff costs some bucks you know and my funds are not limitless! :-) People bidding for the same items on ebay always run the price up on you as you know, so I always wind up paying way more than I want to for those items. But when I want something for sure, I just bid to win it... now of course I am poor again! :-) But enjoying my hobby! Good Luck!

Archived