I was wrong - 10pi for $300 in NJ

I was told that there were a pair of AR11s for sale at audiogon.com. Turns out they are functional 10pi speakers.

I'd buy them in an instant if they are as described if not for my AR9 rebuild project. (going quite well, BTW, I've "requested" new drivers for Christmas and have already received 3 8" midranges; guess I'll have to cut another 8" hole in one of the cabinets. :-) Oh, and I know someone's giving me a pair of woofers. I can trade the 8" back for 1/2 a woofer. . . so I'm only 1 1/2 woofers short - and I have this feeling that Christmas day I'll be retrieving the cabinets from climate controlled storage and getting to work.

ANYway, the deal is that I still have no amp, so I can't afford to buy these 10pi speakers AND get a suitable amplifier in this lifetime.

But I thought someone here might be interested in picking-up a truly great speaker system for little more than a small pair of Cambridge Soundworks' Newton Series.

If I had it all to do over again. . .

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrmoni&1044752493

Bret

>Woodstock, New York to be exact<

Well, heck.

They've been bugging me. Keeping me up nights. Guess I got so groggy I was wrong twice. I'm sure it'll happen again. Third time's a charm.

I'm awfully tempted.

Bret

Archived