Dynaco Tweeter Replacement

jwjensen356

This subject may be plowing over old ground but perhaps it may need replowing. What is a more contemporary replacement for the SEAS 87H? I recall a suggested Morel speaker. Is that a good replacement? What are opinions about the SEAS 27TFFC (H0881)? Any other suggestions?

John

• 4 months later...
This subject may be plowing over old ground but perhaps it may need replowing. What is a more contemporary replacement for the SEAS 87H? I recall a suggested Morel speaker. Is that a good replacement? What are opinions about the SEAS 27TFFC (H0881)? Any other suggestions?

John

after reading an old hifi magazine the concensus was to use the older Phillips std 8 ohm tweeter, available on ebuy.

it was also suggested for Advent and other 8 ohm systems and was the same one used in the Dahlquist DQ-10 speaKER System.

vern

Since writing my original note I ordered (from Madison Sound) SEAS 27TDFC (H1189). It has been recommended as the closest to the original. Almost a drop-in (I had to cut away some relief for clearance).

John

after reading an old hifi magazine the concensus was to use the older Phillips std 8 ohm tweeter, available on ebuy.

it was also suggested for Advent and other 8 ohm systems and was the same one used in the Dahlquist DQ-10 speaKER System.

vern

I'm about to embark upon updating A-25 to constant directivity with DXT:

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_inf...roducts_id=8322

There'll be measurements galore and a PCD sim crossover design to go with.... :)

Hi there

I just visited that site and quickly looked at the specs.

In my opinion, at 6 ohms, 90+db and starting at 2k, it would appear to be a non-go driver for the Dynaco A-25 replacement.

vern

Hi again

The tweeter is the old Philips/Norelco AD0160/T8 which is 8 ohms.

Another choice is to maybe use an Advent or KLH tweeter for another possible option.

• 6 years later...

Archived