TSW-910's finally restored!!

ar_pro

I only run them without the grilles on special occasions, or if I just want to watch the woofers work. The grilles look too sharp now with the new cloth. They have a "shimmer" to the fabric that is classy. I sourced the fabrics from a local speaker builder(he builds $10,000 custom home speakers, so the cloth better look good!).

Now with winter in full swing, I have been listening to these babies almost non-stop. Cassette, CD, satellite dish---I'm only limited to the source quality at this point. I noticed a huge difference after Keith did the foams on the mids/midbass, the sound "leapt" out from the newly restored surrounds!!

Keith and I have about 400 dust caps between us we had to buy as a production lot to match the old AR caps but just a **little** bit bigger to cover the old glue marks. If anyone needs some let me know. I can get exact measurements of the caps if necessary, but suffice it to say they are maybe 3/8" larger than the factory AR caps on their 6.5's and 8's.

Chris

No kidding Mark.

Even my 310's are formidable in the bass region. With these 910's, I sometimes have to de-emphasize the bass from flat response. Unbelievable.

You know what my mom asked me ---- now make sure you are somewhere safe, so when you roll on the floor laughing you don't hurt yourself---"Now, Chris, are those comparable to Bose speakers?".

Bwaahhahahahahahahahhah!

I just bit my lip and said, "Yes, Mom, they are." No sense arguing with someone who has experienced the Bose marekting campaigns.

The guy that I got the grille cloth from as I said is a speaker builder. This is how they greet each other-

"Hey man, you work for Bose?"

"Yeah man, no highs, no lows, sure I work for Bose!"

Bose - No highs, no lows. That's my new slogan. No flamers please. This not a diatribe against Bose. I believe they do have their place, and sound good for their size and they save space. But Bose are only the best if you've heard nothing better.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Well, they're done, miles of cloth and all. Many thanks to Keith Hatfull(handle keithh on this board) for the wonderful refoaming job on the 6.5's and 8's. I dunno if I can go through this crap again, it's stressful having your babies dissected!! Here's their first published pic since the facelift!

Chris

Archived