Capacitor voltage rating vs performance

Carlspeak

Joke or not, it wasn't a very good example. I don't think one could find a subject with a clearer and more overwhelming scientific consensus than the issue of anthropogenic forcing.

Which doesn't necessarily make it a bad example (just hang the pathological science sign on the other side). What makes it a bad example is that there is no hope of a definitive test, except perhaps to do nothing and see if the planet bakes and floods over.

Which doesn't necessarily make it a bad example (just hang the pathological science sign on the other side). What makes it a bad example is that there is no hope of a definitive test, except perhaps to do nothing and see if the planet bakes and floods over.

Point taken.

-k

Joke or not, it wasn't a very good example. I don't think one could find a subject with a clearer and more overwhelming scientific consensus than the issue of anthropogenic forcing.

http://www2.sunysuffolk.edu/mandias/global_warming/

Of course, there is a broad spectrum of opinion about the details. But, out of thousands of researchers, only three or four seem to disagree over the main issues. Lately, even these folks are reconsidering some of their positions, given the very compelling statistical work that has been presented during 2009.

People aren't the only cause of climate change, but that have become the primary cause, it would seem.

-k

k,

Didn't mean to mess up your hair. Sorry.

We can agree on three things:

1. Spewing unrestricted amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere can't possibly be a benefit to anyone, and we should probably curtail that practice as much as is reasonable, as soon as possible. How much harm it has caused or will cause is subject to debate (that's just an observation of the debate that exists, not a personal position, so don't jump on me for that statement), and each side has brought lots of "proof" and "explanations" to the table. Again, just an observation. Informed and ignorant people alike are free to make their own determinations (and both do).

2. We need to get China, India, and Russia to play nice. It would be especially helpful if some highly-respected, world-famous individual with a smooth, eloquent, persuasive speaking style could convince CIR to go along. Otherwise, it may all be academic.

3. We all enjoy reading your audio inputs and the Forum benefits immeasurably from your participation. Again, I apologize for picking you last for kickball. Now let's get back to capacitors and double-blind tests.

Steve F.

Archived