AR 3a midrange

I recently noticed something different with one of my 3a's. In comparing the two, one of them seems to be having a problem with it's midrange. I'm getting what almost sounds like a vibration coming from it. Listening up close I'm hearing something like a metallic vibration. Could the mid be going bad? If so, does anyone have one I could purchase. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just gave away a pair of EPI woofs & x-overs last week.

I have 6 mids, 5 tweets and 2 woofs(but need refoam).

I give you the same deal. I'll ship you a pair of mids COD. You'll need to pick-up the shipping and COD charge. 2 mids, I would estimate $10 bucks.

I got the speakers free and upgraded to modern components.

I just want to make sure they all gets used.

Since, I'm do the free thing I'd like to spread the wealth.

Let me knew of any interest,

ED A

Ed -

I am in need of a pair of AR3a tweets and a pair of mids (warning to all: don't crank up your amp to see if you can "hear those real high sine wave tones"!). Let me know if you're still feeling generous!

Thanks --

--Daniel

They are actual have 4 lst mids and 2 3a mids. Which would you prefer. The tweat are lst's

Send me your name and address to rollrock2000@hotmail.com

I'll put your name on a pair of tweats and mids.

I'm remodeling to gameroom and decided to get rid of the stuff I have been collecting.

ED A

I have two AR LST II's in which the previous owner replaced four of the tweeters (two in each cabinet) with KEF domed tweeters. I am a fan of the original AR sound and would like to return them to "stock." I would be very interested in four or more of the LST or AR 3a tweeters. Are there any AR or KLH items you would like to trade? If not, I am certainly willing to pay a fair price for the tweeters and shipping.

Please reply.

Thank you,

Richard Boneske

Winneconne, Wisconsin

Archived