KLH 21 external speakers

Guest Marty

I recently purchased a KLH model 21, and would like to hook up an external speaker to it. What are the ratings of the KLH external speaker (oHms, watts)? Could it handle an AR-2? or is that far too large? Is it wise to hook up anything other than the dedicated KLH external speaker? I'm sure that these questions make it fairly obvious that I'm new to the game...

I recently purchased a KLH model 21, and would like to hook up an external speaker to it. What are the ratings of the KLH external speaker (oHms, watts)? Could it handle an AR-2? or is that far too large? Is it wise to hook up anything other than the dedicated KLH external speaker? I'm sure that these questions make it fairly obvious that I'm new to the game...

Hi Marty

I think the AR2 would be too big and inefficient. AR made an extension speaker for the 21. It was also sold as the speakers for the Model Eleven and possibly some other compact systems. It was a small cabinet with a single full-range 4" driver (the same one used in the 21). You could probably use any small efficient speaker, like a Minimus 7 or any one of the many "satellites" available.

If you are interested in buying one of my 21 extension speakers, send me a PM.

Kent

post-101828-1257777868.jpg

post-101828-1257778055.jpg

Other good choices might be the KLH 14B, 15 or 19. They look like the 21 extension from the front, but are twice as deep, contain TWO 4" drivers and are ported.

Kent

post-101828-1257804077.jpg

Archived