Help a Newbie

ssmith3046

I know that this topic has been covered by you folks before but I need your help. When you're attaching the speaker wire to the AR speaker does it matter if one or two is positive or negative as long as they correlate correctly to the amp? I would be thankful for any help.

From my own experience with AR-2ax, AR-5, & AR-7 restore projects, #1 is NEG and #2 is POS. Just follow the RED (POS) wire from the woofer.

Although, it may not really matter which terminal you connect as POS...just as long as you connect both speakers the same way. The Instructions for use on my speakers simply state: "Connect 0 and 8-ohm output terminals of amplifier to speaker input terminals 1 and 2."

From my own experience with AR-2ax, AR-5, & AR-7 restore projects, #1 is NEG and #2 is POS. Just follow the RED (POS) wire from the woofer.

Although, it may not really matter which terminal you connect as POS...just as long as you connect both speakers the same way. The Instructions for use on my speakers simply state: "Connect 0 and 8-ohm output terminals of amplifier to speaker input terminals 1 and 2."

Thank you for the help.

Archived