AR9 Crossover Network Variant

soundminded

I've got my AR9 woofers and LMRs out for refoaming. the originals finally bit the dust. While I'm at it, I'm going to replace all of the caps except in the woofer section. I noticed that in my late production versions, the capacitor directly across the UMR is 8 mfd, not 6 as is shown in the library. This will result in a HF rolloff at a lower frequency than it would with a 6 mfd cap. I'll keep the design the way it is. Anyone else find a similar difference?

I've got my AR9 woofers and LMRs out for refoaming. the originals finally bit the dust. While I'm at it, I'm going to replace all of the caps except in the woofer section. I noticed that in my late production versions, the capacitor directly across the UMR is 8 mfd, not 6 as is shown in the library. This will result in a HF rolloff at a lower frequency than it would with a 6 mfd cap. I'll keep the design the way it is. Anyone else find a similar difference?

Take a look at the correction to the AR-9 schematic Bret posted, 8 uF seems to be the correct value:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Boar...?showtopic=3797

BRgds Klaus

Archived