AR Live vs Recorded sessions, Opinions of people who may or may not have been there.

soundminded

Ken, pls. check the 'library additions and corrections' threads.

Tks,

Carl

Hi, Carl.

It would be great if someone could update that document, but that someone is not likely to be me. For example, I have no idea where I would come up with impedance information, other than polling the historians here.

As to the pricing of the 11... that would seem to be an obvious error. I'm certain that someone will provide the correct info if you post the question in the AR section. (I've never followed all the model-specific particulars with anywhere near the passion or accuracy of others here!)

-k

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, Carl.

It would be great if someone could update that document, but that someone is not likely to be me. For example, I have no idea where I would come up with impedance information, other than polling the historians here.

As to the pricing of the 11... that would seem to be an obvious error. I'm certain that someone will provide the correct info if you post the question in the AR section. (I've never followed all the model-specific particulars with anywhere near the passion or accuracy of others here!)

-k

I got the impression (based on your referenced post) you were the originator of that tabular information and at the time of your post you were willing to update it. I guess I assumed wrong. :rolleyes:

thanks,

Carl

The wall paneling in my main room is the height of 1970s decor. Maybe one of these days I will upgrade to a more 21st century style....

Also give your technical expertise an update at the same time, would you, please?

It's very much of the same vintage. :rolleyes:

PS: Listening to speakers outdoors sucks, and I am glad to see that you have finally admitted to being ignorant and unwashed.

Some of us are more full of ourselves than others, Howard.

[You've made that abundantly clear here.... ;) ]

But you did not behave yourself, and so you have had to deal with me.

We know where it began, Howard, with Toole giving the Villchur live vs. recorded side shows the short shrift they fully warrant, which undermines the very thesis upon which your entire perspective relies. Similarly, I have set forth a credible challenge to your overwrought view of the enduring significance of the work of Villchur and Allison.

Alas, the tribute which you seek for your own favour has considerably depreciated over the intervening years; there is but scarce currency accruable here.... :blink:

I got the impression (based on your referenced post) you were the originator of that tabular information and at the time of your post you were willing to update it. I guess I assumed wrong. :blink:

thanks,

Carl

One of my people at AR compiled it, and I supplied it here. No way I would have or could have put this kind of document together... definitely beyond my capacity. By now, I'm not even involved in hifi professionally anymore, though I would be happy to assist with the creation of a newer/better document, and would contribute what I could.

-k

You certainly had one at one time, and no doubt your memory of the experiences within is superior to most.

Time to settle down and buy a new house, Ken. Prices are at an all-time low.

Howard Ferstler

Oh, I have a very modest house in an area of the country where condemned phone booths still cost more than the average 3-bedroom in Florkania. No listening room, though I do get to hear my neighbor's from time to time.

As for my memory, I have to say.... uh, what were we talking about?

-k

PS- If I misbehave, will I have to deal with you too daddy?

The introduction to The Kitchen says:

Debates related to classic speakers and electronics are ok, but keep things civil.

Personal attacks impugning other posters' motives or intelligence are not...civil.

Any questions, review Mark's post about civility at:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Boar...ost&p=49523

Any other questions, contact Mark directly.

Topic closed.

Archived