AR's featured in movies and TV

Does anyone, or can anyone, recall seeing any movies or TV shows where classic AR speakers were ever shown or used in a particular scene?

Since familiarizing myself with this website I've been on the lookout for old AR model speakers used in old films or old TV shows. So far, I haven't located any....yet! Anybody else on the lookout like I am?

Good topic !

You don't see a lot of AR speakers on Movies or television. Over the years I have looked for them. I really think that they should turn up on NBC's AMERICAN DREAMS. The father (Jack) owns a stereo shop in 1963! The daughter (Meg) is an American Bandstand regular and they frequently show the control room.

But I can think of one movie with Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez. It's about a young man returning to the family home after a tour in Vietnam. An AR-3a is pictured in Emilio's Bedroom. To the best of my recollection, the speaker appears in the background. You have to know your AR's to be able to identify it. I can't remember the name of it, I will search it out.

Brad

I believe there is a pair of classic looking speakers in the final scene from "Saturday Night Fever" that take place between John Travolta and Karen Lynn Gorney in her charcter's apartment - though I'm not sure what make or model they might be exactly.

Archived