4X

Guest archer

Guest archer

Hello. :angry:

I am new in this forum. I am living in Denmark. Some years i did have these 2 boxes in the basement and now i would like to restore them. One sub unit is dead and one tweter. The sub's i can get fixt here in DK but the tweeter, where can i get them fixt.

I can see you are using the the ser. numbers:: Here are mine, FX 389917 AND FX 388996

Can i get the age locatet. My english is not the best. Hope to her from you.

post-104159-1240258719.jpg

post-104159-1240258753.jpg

post-104159-1240258785.jpg

Hello. :rolleyes:

I am new in this forum. I am living in Denmark. Some years i did have these 2 boxes in the basement and now i would like to restore them. One sub unit is dead and one tweter. The sub's i can get fixt here in DK but the tweeter, where can i get them fixt.

I can see you are using the the ser. numbers:: Here are mine, FX 389917 AND FX 388996

Can i get the age locatet. My english is not the best. Hope to her from you.

Welcome Archer!

First, downlad and read the AR3a restoration manual:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library...ring_the_ar-3a/

Much of the information about restoring the biggest classic AR speaker also applies to the smallest one.

Are you sure your "sub" (woofer, I assume) and tweeter are dead? It is very likely that the level pots are bad, or possibly the capacitor. The pots should be cleaned or replaced (see the 3a manual, pages 13-14) and the old wax capacitor can be replaced with a new 20uF mylar or poly capacitor.

Good luck!

Kent

Archived